- Value-driven portfolio of primarily North American equities which seeks to balance long-term capital growth with capital preservation
- Fund will invest in companies that David Taylor believes are temporarily undervalued due to some short-term company or industry specific event or temporary market condition
- The Portfolio Manager believes that purchasing securities at a discount to their intrinsic value provides a “margin of safety”
- “Bottom-up” research approach to identify investment opportunities while remaining cognizant of macro-economic factors
- The Portfolio Manager favours issuers with strong or de-leveraging balance sheets, high or improving profit and cash flow margins, strong earnings potential and transparency
- David Taylor believes current equity valuations present an attractive buying opportunity and that equities are likely to outperform bonds over the coming period
Investors may elect to automatically reinvest their distributions in additional units of the Fund and realize the benefits of compound growth. Any units acquired pursuant to the distribution reinvestment program qualify for the service fee. Currently, no commissions or brokerage fees are allocated to plan participants. DRIP Plan
Annually on the second last business day of January (the “Annual Redemption Date”) of each year, provided that the Units tendered by the last business day of the preceding December. Unitholders whose Units are redeemed will receive the net asset value per unit on the Annual Redemption Date less any costs and expenses associated with the redemption.
Units may be redeemed monthly on the second to last Business Day of each month (the “Monthly Redemption Date”),, other than an Annual Redemption Date, at a redemption price per Unit equal to the lesser of: (i) 96% of the Market Price (the weighted average trading price of the Units for the 10 Business Days immediately preceding such Monthly Redemption Date) and (ii) 100% of the Closing Market Price of a Unit on the applicable Monthly Redemption Date less, in each case, any costs and expenses associated with the redemption. Units must be surrendered by 5pm (Toronto time) on the last Business Day of the month preceding the Monthly Redemption Date.