Distributions from the Fund may have tax benefits which result in higher after tax cash flow than if the income had been earned as interest income.
It is expected that the distributions on the Class A shares will mainly be comprised of capital gains or return of capital. Distributions on the Preferred shares are expected to be mainly characterized as dividend payments, which receive the preferential dividend tax treatment. For the purposes of the Income Tax (Canada) and any similar provincial legislation, to the extent that distributions on either the Class A or Preferred shares are characterized as dividend payments, the Company designates any and all dividends paid on both its Class A and Preferred shares in the 2006 calendar year, and all dividends paid thereafter, as "eligible dividends" unless the Company indicates otherwise.
The annual breakdown of distributions for tax purposes will be provided to shareholders annually in February. This information will also be posted on the website as soon as it is available.
This information is of a general nature only and does not constitute legal or tax advice to any particular investor. Accordingly, prospective investors are advised to consult their own tax advisors with respect to their individual circumstances.
The following information is applicable to holders who, for the purpose of the Income Tax Act (Canada), are resident in Canada and hold shares as capital property outside of an RRSP, RRIF or DPSP. Shareholders should receive a T5 slip from their investment dealer providing this information.
T5 supplementary slips will indicate Capital Gains Dividends in Box 18 and Actual Amount of Eligible Dividends in Box 24. Dividend income is subject to the standard gross-up and federal dividend tax credit rules.
The return of capital component is a non-taxable amount that serves to reduce the adjusted cost base of the Fund units.
Date Return of
- Dec 30, 2016Jan 16, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- Jan 31, 2017Feb 14, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- Feb 28, 2017Mar 14, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- Mar 31, 2017Apr 17, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- Apr 28, 2017May 12, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- May 31, 2017Jun 14, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- Jun 30, 2017Jul 17, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- Jul 31, 2017Aug 15, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- Aug 31, 2017Sep 15, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- Sep 29, 2017Oct 16, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- Oct 31, 2017Nov 14, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- Nov 30, 2017Dec 14, 2017TBDTBDTBD0.10000
- Total TBDTBDTBD1.20000
Date Return of
- Dec 30, 2016Jan 16, 2017TBDTBD0.11250
- Mar 31, 2017Apr 17, 2017TBDTBD0.11250
- Jun 30, 2017Jul 17, 2017TBDTBD0.11250
- Sep 29, 2017Oct 16, 2017TBDTBD0.11250
- Total TBDTBD0.45000
Commencing December 1, 2012 quarterly distributions will be set at $0.1125 per Preferred share ($0.45 per share per annum)